Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pausing steps count on apple watch

Hi, I was wondering if there was any way of pausing the step counter on my watch, so it doesn't count my crocheting as steps?

Also at work when I'm scanning things through the till, it counts the movements as steps!

It's a pain having to keep taking it off and putting it back on, and I worry it'll fall out of my pocket at work!

Thanks in advance

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 6:27 AM

Yes there is,go to the watch app on your phone and tap on Privacy and turn off "Fitness Tracking".My mam does this when she's knitting,it works a treat,it's not the perfect solution but one that works.Just remember to turn fitness tracking back on when you finish crotcheting or finish your work on the tills.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2019 6:27 AM in response to antsmummy

Yes there is,go to the watch app on your phone and tap on Privacy and turn off "Fitness Tracking".My mam does this when she's knitting,it works a treat,it's not the perfect solution but one that works.Just remember to turn fitness tracking back on when you finish crotcheting or finish your work on the tills.

pausing steps count on apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.