Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud storage family sharing

I just upgraded my icloud storage plan for family sharing, but cannot find how to add the storage to the family member's devices. They are still tied to the free 5 gb of storage

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 2:14 AM

Hi mmtcryan,

I recently configured this myself. Here are the steps I went through to make it work on my iPhone:

1. Turn on Family Sharing (In the Settings app search for 'Family')
  2. Invite family members to join and have them accept the invitation (they should appear in your family members list)
  3. In "Family Sharing", there is a list of things that can be shared called "Shared Features", select "iCloud Storage"

I was able to share iCloud storage with my family members then.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2019 2:14 AM in response to mmtcryan

Hi mmtcryan,

I recently configured this myself. Here are the steps I went through to make it work on my iPhone:

1. Turn on Family Sharing (In the Settings app search for 'Family')
  2. Invite family members to join and have them accept the invitation (they should appear in your family members list)
  3. In "Family Sharing", there is a list of things that can be shared called "Shared Features", select "iCloud Storage"

I was able to share iCloud storage with my family members then.

I hope this helps.

icloud storage family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.