Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Share (iCloud Storage)

I have been reading that one must have 200 GB iCloud storage plan before I can offer other Family Sharing with other family members. Right now I have 50 GB, and I was able to invite other members to join a Family Sharing plan. Can someone set me straight on this?

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 6:18 PM

See Share iCloud+ with your family

"With Family Sharing, you can share a subscription to iCloud+ with everyone in your family group. This includes 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB of iCloud storage..."

However, I'd recommend at least the 200GB plan depending on how much data - including photos - you and your family members want to sync to iCloud. As the family organiser be sure to monitor the use of the space and at the appropriate time upgrade to a bigger plan.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2022 6:18 PM in response to mbsommers

See Share iCloud+ with your family

"With Family Sharing, you can share a subscription to iCloud+ with everyone in your family group. This includes 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB of iCloud storage..."

However, I'd recommend at least the 200GB plan depending on how much data - including photos - you and your family members want to sync to iCloud. As the family organiser be sure to monitor the use of the space and at the appropriate time upgrade to a bigger plan.

Family Share (iCloud Storage)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.