Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new mac and photos

On my early 2009 iMac I moved my Photos library to an external HD. I have since then upgraded my iMac to a new one in 2019. I still have the old iMac (another family member now uses it).

So now I have the external HD with the old Photos library plugged into my new iMac.

I would like to be able to access it from my new iMac, along with creating and using new libraries through Photos.

If I understand it correctly, holding down the Option key while starting Photos will prompt my mac to ask me which Photos library to use.

If that is correct, the next time I go into Photos will it always go to the last library used until a different one has been selected (by holding down Option and then opening Photos and choosing another library)?

Thanks in advance!

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 10:59 AM

Yes. The last opened library will be the default library until you change it with the Option key.

Similar questions

1 reply

new mac and photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.