Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proxy settings for AppStore

How do you get the appstore to work if your computer is sitting behind a proxy?

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 8:41 AM

So this will work behind a proxy if the proxy is configured to not only allow connectivity to apple, but also allows connectivity to Akamai's Content Distribution Network....

I had this issue for several years because I couldn't guess what the Appstore was trying to connect to *outside* of apple, but eventually was able to get a "netstat -na" on my Mac while opening the Appstore with nothing else and found that besides connecting to *.apple.com it also connected to a bunch of akamai owned IP spaces.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2019 8:41 AM in response to DaMage1913

So this will work behind a proxy if the proxy is configured to not only allow connectivity to apple, but also allows connectivity to Akamai's Content Distribution Network....

I had this issue for several years because I couldn't guess what the Appstore was trying to connect to *outside* of apple, but eventually was able to get a "netstat -na" on my Mac while opening the Appstore with nothing else and found that besides connecting to *.apple.com it also connected to a bunch of akamai owned IP spaces.

Proxy settings for AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.