Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update Apple ID Settings on new MacBook Pro

I am trying to "Update Apple ID Settings" on my new MacBook Pro. It states "Some account services will not be available until you sign in again."

I enter my Apple ID password

I enter the password for this new MacBook Pro

It then asks me to confirm passwords/passcode from other devices

This list shows two past computers and my iPhone. I entered my last 3 passwords for my MacBook Air and the past 3 passcodes for my iPhone (also I use an 8 digit passcode and there are only 6 spaces for digits available). The other device is a MacBook Pro I had 3 years ago. Why doesn't it give me the option to just send a passcode to my phone?

How do I fix this? I have tried stating that I forgot all the passwords/passcodes. It said to "go to one of your other devices signed in to iCloud to approve this MacBook pro" I tried to use my iPhone Settings > iCloud > Password & Security, but there is no prompt. This is the only other Apple device signed into iCloud.

Please help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 10:23 AM

Some people have fixed this by signing out of iCloud and back in. That hasn't worked for everyone.

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2019 10:23 AM in response to DannyChesterman

Some people have fixed this by signing out of iCloud and back in. That hasn't worked for everyone.

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Unable to update Apple ID Settings on new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.