Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i know my images were uploaded to icloud

how do i know my images were uploaded to icloud?

how do i just upload images and then not have them stay on my PC?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 6:26 AM

Hello LAppley, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. From your message I see you'd like to know how you can verify that your photos were uploaded to iCloud Photos. 

The easiest way is to go to the iCloud website, sign in, and select Photos. There you can see the photos which have been uploaded and are synced with iCloud. You can learn more about iCloud Photos in this article: Get help with iCloud Photos

It sounds like you're seeing all the photos on your PC. This is expected when you're using iCloud for Windows as you can see in this article: Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC. If you do not wish to have them on your computer, but still want to use iCloud for Windows, you can turn off Photos in the iCloud for Windows settings. You can then upload photos manually through the iCloud website.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2019 6:26 AM in response to LAppley

Hello LAppley, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. From your message I see you'd like to know how you can verify that your photos were uploaded to iCloud Photos. 

The easiest way is to go to the iCloud website, sign in, and select Photos. There you can see the photos which have been uploaded and are synced with iCloud. You can learn more about iCloud Photos in this article: Get help with iCloud Photos

It sounds like you're seeing all the photos on your PC. This is expected when you're using iCloud for Windows as you can see in this article: Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC. If you do not wish to have them on your computer, but still want to use iCloud for Windows, you can turn off Photos in the iCloud for Windows settings. You can then upload photos manually through the iCloud website.

Cheers!

how do i know my images were uploaded to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.