Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iTunes Match with Apple Music

I have thousands of songs I've ripped off my old CD's and also subscribe to Apple Music.

Because I don't want Apple swapping out my music I don't use the Match feature. I don't feel i'm fully using Apple Music as I don't download new tracks etc. Is there anyway I can maintain my personal MP3 library and also download/stream music from Apple Music? To avoid the swapping of music I've recently subscribed to Spotify and realize the features I'm missing with Apple Music.

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 8:14 AM

If you subscribe to Apple Music then you don't need iTunes Match as well. Neither service replaces content in your source library automatically. As long as you maintain a full backup of your library you can always restore or manually copy an item between computers if the matching process doesn't provide an exact copy of your original. You can cancel your subscription if you no longer want to use either service.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2019 8:14 AM in response to Moosha

If you subscribe to Apple Music then you don't need iTunes Match as well. Neither service replaces content in your source library automatically. As long as you maintain a full backup of your library you can always restore or manually copy an item between computers if the matching process doesn't provide an exact copy of your original. You can cancel your subscription if you no longer want to use either service.

tt2

Using iTunes Match with Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.