Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match & Apple Music

I’m using iTunes Match to sync my library to the cloud. If I decide to go use Apple Music is this doing the same thing with my library? I understand I get acces to all music available, but wonder if I’m not paying unnecessary for iTunes Match after starting Apple Music.

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 3:32 AM

From Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support:

If you have an Apple Music membership, you get all of the benefits of iTunes Match, plus access to the entire Apple Music catalogue. You can also get a Family Membership to share the catalogue with your family members. Find out more about joining Apple Music.

You don't need to keep iTunes Match if you switch to Apple Music. I would however recommend that you have at least one computer that has all of your music stored locally and have that library backed up to a second drive for security.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 3:32 AM in response to erikkroon

From Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support:

If you have an Apple Music membership, you get all of the benefits of iTunes Match, plus access to the entire Apple Music catalogue. You can also get a Family Membership to share the catalogue with your family members. Find out more about joining Apple Music.

You don't need to keep iTunes Match if you switch to Apple Music. I would however recommend that you have at least one computer that has all of your music stored locally and have that library backed up to a second drive for security.

tt2

iTunes Match & Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.