Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use itunes match with apple music subscription

I have tons of curated (both smart and hand-created) playlists, as well as tons of music from my own sources (CDs, LPs, cassettes). So iTunes Match has been great to be able to have streaming music. But I do not have an Apple Music subscription.

1. Do these two services play nicely together? Initially, Apple Music wiped out playlists.
  2. Is there any benefit to having both services?
  3. Does Apple Music subsume the capabilities of iTunes Match?

Thanks in advance.

joe

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 1:38 PM

1. They don't play together at all. Apple Music should not wipe out anything you don't manually delete yourself. The matching and uploading service of tracks works exactly they same way as it does with iTunes Match
  2. No. You can get the same features of iTunes Match with Apple Music and as well as the added feature of accessing Apple Music's music catalog.
  3. Yes. Apple Music offers the same features as iTunes Match plus access to the Apple music Catalog for download and streaming.

As always it's recommended to have backup of your music.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 1:38 PM in response to Mojoguzzi

1. They don't play together at all. Apple Music should not wipe out anything you don't manually delete yourself. The matching and uploading service of tracks works exactly they same way as it does with iTunes Match
  2. No. You can get the same features of iTunes Match with Apple Music and as well as the added feature of accessing Apple Music's music catalog.
  3. Yes. Apple Music offers the same features as iTunes Match plus access to the Apple music Catalog for download and streaming.

As always it's recommended to have backup of your music.

Feb 4, 2022 2:18 PM in response to Phil0124

Thats weird. Just today I signed up for Apple Music and I'm an iTunes Match user since the introduction of the service ( and the initial mess with that ) and nothing has happened to my playlist. Everything is where it should be, playlist, songs, albums, nothing changed. It's working seamlessly for me. I added a song from Apple Music on my existing playlist and it works as expected.

I'm sorry the playlist went away from the previous poster when signing up, but it didn't happen to me. I guess I lucked out?

Can you use itunes match with apple music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.