Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match included in Apple Music

Does Apple ever plan to include the iTunes Match service in Apple Music?

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 7:09 AM

It has done so for some time. From Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support:

If you have an Apple Music membership, you get all of the benefits of iTunes Match, plus access to the entire Apple Music catalogue. You can also get a Family Membership to share the catalogue with your family members. Learn more about joining Apple Music.

tt2

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 7:09 AM in response to atlmacusr

It has done so for some time. From Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support:

If you have an Apple Music membership, you get all of the benefits of iTunes Match, plus access to the entire Apple Music catalogue. You can also get a Family Membership to share the catalogue with your family members. Learn more about joining Apple Music.

tt2

Sep 19, 2020 9:01 AM in response to atlmacusr

Because Apple don't prevent you from signing up for both services. There was also a time when Apple Music didn't include all of the features of iTunes Match, and I believe an edge case for users of Apple TV 2 which likely no longer applies. You can cancel your subscription renewal for iTunes Match if you're continuing with Apple Music and there should be no impact to your library when the iTunes Match subscription expires. That said it is still wise to maintain your own backup of the library. (See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy - Apple Community)

tt2

tt2

Sep 24, 2020 3:37 PM in response to Gord Haldane

How about you call up apple and ask what this quote means:

From

Subscribe to iTunes Match – Apple Support

Oct 22, 2020 1:45 AM in response to hootiehome

You don't have to. When you Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support your own content and playlists get added to your iCloud Music Library in exactly the same way they do with iTunes Match. The difference is that Apple Music also gives you access to almost everything else in the iTunes music catalog along with your personal music collection.

tt2

Nov 25, 2020 10:03 AM in response to Androish

I just chatted with Apple Support. I quoted the above statement. Ralph said: "Apple Music and iTunes Match are two different services. Yes, the benefits of iTunes Match but still a different service."

I then asked: What benefits of match are missing? He answered: "Songs imported from CD's and other sources."

I don't want to risk losing the recordings I made of my CD's that are not on Apple Music and personal recordings of my band and music lessons recorded on Voice Memos that are now in the iTunes Match cloud, that are not on Apple Music. I'm keeping my iTunes Match subscription.

Nov 25, 2020 10:34 AM in response to mikebikemusic

You should have a physical backup of the original copies of all of your content rather than relying on either iTunes Match or Apple Music. With either service you may get back something slightly different from your original. That said you don't need to pay for both services. Apple Music includes matched or uploaded versions of your local content as well as access to DRM copies of content from the iTunes Store.

tt2

iTunes Match included in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.