You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri subscribed me to Apple Music on her own

Hey, I was asking Siri for an artist from my library the other day.

She played a song from the artist I didn’t know. After some trails, I realized she just subscribed to Apple Music instead of going through my media library.

How do I get off Apple Music altogether? I have iTunes Match and I buy CDs and individual files. That’s how I like my music.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 3:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 3:31 AM

Open Settings ➢ your name at the top of the screen ➢ Subscriptions.

• If it’s active, then cancel it.
  • If it’s not active, then no action is needed.

NOTE: The same thing happened to me a few days ago. After speaking to Apple, if the subscription is not activated, there is nothing they can do on their end.

I wound up disabling Siri completely.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2022 3:31 AM in response to Coverflower

Open Settings ➢ your name at the top of the screen ➢ Subscriptions.

• If it’s active, then cancel it.
  • If it’s not active, then no action is needed.

NOTE: The same thing happened to me a few days ago. After speaking to Apple, if the subscription is not activated, there is nothing they can do on their end.

I wound up disabling Siri completely.

Jan 16, 2023 6:13 PM in response to Coverflower

The same thing happened to me except it happened while I was watching Impractical Jokers and Sal in a bit said "Hey Siri...." My phone must have thought it was me requesting a song and thus a subscription to apple music for some reason. LOL. It's free for a week and after some investigation, I'm pretty sure it won't auto renew with a payment (fingers crossed) as I don't want it. But there's no way to cancel it. Apple must be desperate if the TV can subscribe me. This is definitely a 2020s problem.

Siri subscribed me to Apple Music on her own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.