iTunes Match no longer working with Apple Music

I subscribed to both Apple Music and iTunes Match, and was able to stream songs from my own library (I'm a musician so I often upload versions of my own songs in progress). I read on this forum that an Apple Music subscription includes iTunes Match and there's no need to pay for both services, so I cancelled my iTunes Match subscription. But now Apple Music will not play songs or playlists that I have added to my iTunes library. I tried re-syncing the library but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:32 AM

Thanks, SnickZ. Turns out the problem was that I was subscribing to Apple Music Voice. This subscription is a lower tier designed to work with Siri only, and thus doesn't include iTunes match. I upgraded my subscription to regular Apple Music and my playlists magically appeared and synced across all my devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 9:32 AM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks, SnickZ. Turns out the problem was that I was subscribing to Apple Music Voice. This subscription is a lower tier designed to work with Siri only, and thus doesn't include iTunes match. I upgraded my subscription to regular Apple Music and my playlists magically appeared and synced across all my devices.

Sep 26, 2023 8:37 AM in response to spurn555

Hey there spurn555,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Is this thread the same or similar to what you saw in Apple Support Communities? iTunes Match included in Apple Music - Apple Community If it was, that phrase has been removed from the resource shared.

Access your music library on all your devices - Apple Support -- Apple Music matches published songs in the iCloud Music Library to those in the Apple Music app. You can also access songs you've not purchased as well.

Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support -- iTunes Match doesn't care if the music is published or not. It uploads your entire library so you can stream them to your devices.

About iTunes Match

iTunes Match uploads your music library from the Apple Music app on your Mac or iTunes for Windows on your PC. Then you can access your music library on all of your devices that have Sync Library turned on.

If you resubscribe to iTunes Match, you should be able to listen to your own songs again.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

iTunes Match no longer working with Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.