Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

data recovery fails every single time.

I plugged the iPad into my Mac and it showed that it need to be restored I finally got it to update but now it wants to to data recovery. I don't wish to recover the data just to erase the whole thing and start over it gives me not one option to click on but type the password in and start recovery again. I have tried turning it off and back on again and all it does is disable it for 5 minutes and now it is starting at 15 minutes. It show the time and day when it does this but returns to white screen after the time is up and wants to try and recover the data. I'm not sure what to do anymore. It is a iPad Air 2 model A1566

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 2:10 AM

This may sound silly, but how about first making the system happy by following through on the recovery? After you have successfully got your iPad working again, you can then perform a system erase and build it up from scratch again.

1 reply

data recovery fails every single time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.