Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck in recovery process

Hi

I have an iPad 6 which for some reason started the recovery process. The problem is that it gets stuck in the middle of the process.

The message I get is: Data recovery can not be completed. Please recover iPad from a backup instead.

I don't have a backup so that is not an option.

I guess a factory reset is the only solution, but before I do that, is there a way to get stored data I have on the iPad?

I have tried to set the pad in recovery mode and reinstalled both firmware and iOS, but when it restarts I come back to the same screen saying Data recovery can not be completed.

The iPad does not show up in Finder when I connect to my Mac. Only when I activate recovery mode.

Hope you can help

Best regards

Atle Rinvoll

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 9:02 AM

arinvoll wrote:

Hi
I have an iPad 6 which for some reason started the recovery process. The problem is that it gets stuck in the middle of the process.
The message I get is: Data recovery can not be completed. Please recover iPad from a backup instead.

I guess a factory reset is the only solution, but before I do that, is there a way to get stored data I have on the iPad?
I have tried to set the pad in recovery mode and reinstalled both firmware and iOS, but when it restarts I come back to the same screen saying Data recovery can not be completed.
The iPad does not show up in Finder when I connect to my Mac. Only when I activate recovery mode.

Hope you can help
Best regards
Atle Rinvoll

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ae87a654-28a5-48f6-b219-d61321d0bc70

The state that your ipad is in, there is no data on it, so there is nothing to recover, proceed with factory reset.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 9:02 AM in response to arinvoll

arinvoll wrote:

Hi

Hope you can help
Best regards
Atle Rinvoll

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ae87a654-28a5-48f6-b219-d61321d0bc70

The state that your ipad is in, there is no data on it, so there is nothing to recover, proceed with factory reset.

iPad stuck in recovery process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.