Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro shuts down before restore finish

recently my iPad Pro 10.5" fell from my bedside-table while the fall wasn't that high, the iPad is no stuck on a white screen with black apple logo for approximately 30 seconds before it goes black for approximately 20 seconds and then repeats endlessly until battery is drained and it shows "charge me" screen, I can charge it when it does the white screens.

now I've shut it down and entered recovery mode tried restoring via Finder on macOS Catalina, after restore a progress bar seem to appear beneath the apple logo ad a few seconds later my iMac recognise the iPad after restore and asks me to choose set up as new or from backup,

if I choose restore from backup after a few seconds it sends it right back to the endless white screens with apple logo and no progress bar,

if I choose set as new it shows the syncing screen on finder and a progress bar appears beneath the apple logo on the iPad and when it reaches about 4% done the I pad shuts down and starts the endless white screens.

I have tried DFU mode and it seems to only change by granting a bit more to the progress bar at the end

also noteworthy is that the device appears on iCloud with the prior name and I can access opened tabs even though restore has changed its name and presumably erased all content (is it possible that it needs to be removed from my iCloud?)

a friend told me it was because the device was on iPadOS 13.7 before the fall and that there's a known bug causing this yet searching the web has yielded little information.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 2:44 AM

We, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

Before making any other attempts, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 2:44 AM in response to TerribleGiganticGoogles

We, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

Before making any other attempts, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPad Pro shuts down before restore finish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.