Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from old phone backup missing

I have realised suddenly that all my old iphone6s backed up photos are missing from both iCloud and iPhone11. I have factory reset my iphone6s and gave it away, last month i was able to view all the photos and this month it is nowhere to be found. I was able to view my6s photos on my iPhone11 before. Help.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 10:25 AM

If the 6 was still syncing photos to iCloud when you deleted the photo from the 6, that would delete the photo from iCloud, and then the 11.

Photos deleted from iCloud are retained for approximately 30 days. Depending on when you deleted the photos from the 6, check the Photos app on the 11 and at iCloud.com/Photos using a computer browser for a Recently Deleted album to see if the photos are there.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 10:25 AM in response to Norhaiza

If the 6 was still syncing photos to iCloud when you deleted the photo from the 6, that would delete the photo from iCloud, and then the 11.

Photos deleted from iCloud are retained for approximately 30 days. Depending on when you deleted the photos from the 6, check the Photos app on the 11 and at iCloud.com/Photos using a computer browser for a Recently Deleted album to see if the photos are there.

Photos from old phone backup missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.