Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stocks app in MacOS 10.15 Catalina window size cannot be reduced as much as previously

The size of the window of the Stocks app in MacOS 10.15 cannot be reduced as much as it could in previous versions.

This is rather annoying, as I preferred to have the Stocks app visible as just a small window, with only just enough width to show the list of stock charts, and the list of related news stories alongside as another column, but no wider than the list of stocks, so that the program does not take up much space on my desktop.

The new version of the app (Version 2.2 (420.2)) unfortunately now shows news stories in two columns (and correspondingly wider space for the article text), and so requires a very much wider, and also somewhat taller, minimum window size. It is not possible to make the window size smaller than these new larger minimums, making it impossible to have the window only just visible/usable alongside another program at the same time, reducing its usability.

Is there a way that I can submit a bug report or feature request to Apple about this? I have not managed to find any links for this in the support section of the Apple website.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 1:37 PM

Feedback - macOS - Apple

1 reply

Stocks app in MacOS 10.15 Catalina window size cannot be reduced as much as previously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.