Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in Numbers (Mac)

I'm running numbers on Mojave 10.14.6. I’ve drag and dropped some photos into some cells in Numbers (from either Finder or the Photos App). Now that they’re there, what can I do with them? I seem unable to select the photo itself — only getting the entire cell. I’d like to be able to edit them in some ways. Is this possible?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 1:17 PM

you can insert images onto the canvas of the document (while nothing is selected). There are controls to do some modifications to pictures (including cropping, and simple enhancing):

just click the background, then select the Numbers menu item "Insert > Choose…" then, while the picture is selected, open the Formatter on the top right

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 1:17 PM in response to ChuckBrotman

you can insert images onto the canvas of the document (while nothing is selected). There are controls to do some modifications to pictures (including cropping, and simple enhancing):

just click the background, then select the Numbers menu item "Insert > Choose…" then, while the picture is selected, open the Formatter on the top right

Nov 30, 2019 10:07 PM in response to ChuckBrotman

ChuckBrotman wrote:

I’d like to be able to edit them in some ways. Is this possible?

No, not possible. Numbers is a spreadsheet application, not an application to manipulate images. You can import photos to spiff up your document, and can resize them. But Numbers isn't really designed to do much beyond that. There are many other applications better suited to that.

SG

SSG

SG

Photos in Numbers (Mac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.