Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Photos 7.0

I used to be able to have the number of the photo displayed in the background of the photo but that seems to be missing. Can I get that back? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 10:25 AM

Sorry - I thought you were referring to the filename of the image. As far as I know, Photos has never displayed an image number. Perhaps you were using iPhoto when this was available.

What you do get top left of the thumbnails is an idication of the date range of the thumbnails shown on screen.

9 replies

Jun 25, 2022 10:32 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

You can't get a list of albums that a photo is in. I use the keyword feature to add the album name as a keyword-- just open the album, select all, and paste in the album name. Sometimes pictures will be in more than one album, and that will show up in the keywords.

Also you can use a smart folder to find all the pictures that are not in an album. You choose Album--is not--any.

Jun 25, 2022 10:35 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

What I am trying to do is make sure all of my photos are in Albums (folders) so that I can edit down to a few best. But I have no way of knowing which of my photos are already in Albums and which are not. I used to be able to see the number of a photo in my Library so I kept an ongoing record that said that I had put all photos through a certain number in Albums already. Is there any way that I can do this or do you have a suggestion on how to determine which photos are in Albums already?

Help with Photos 7.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.