Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus in Mac?

Hello everyone, I hope you’ve got a great day.

Today I bought my first Mac. A MacBook Air, and I think I was too excited checking everything that accidentally get in a suspicious page in safari that download a document even more suspicious. My first thought of course: virus. So with my little or none experienced using Mac I tried delete it, but just I was in about to install it with which I got deleting by complete. But my question still being the same. “The virus” is still there o should I reset the Mac by new?

Thank you for your help.

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 2:13 AM

The macOS is nearly immune to most issues by superior design and preventative effort.

And there are no viri involved; web sites could cause issue due to how you browse the

web. Your settings and choices can arrive at untoward content; more often those may

be bogus pages, and you'd remove them from browser history and clear caches, etc.

The browser is not the system; kinds of things that may affect the macOS might be adware

or malware; or certain items that you would have to install yourself and disable protections.

A modern macOS newer than High Sierra 10.13.6 would be most immune to PC-like issues.

However said, users (through extra effort) perhaps may disable system integrity protection.

I've been careful when using web browsers and decidedly choose to avoid questionable

content; and do not disable built in protections. ~ Odds your Mac has a virus are next to 0.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 2:13 AM in response to wimber70

The macOS is nearly immune to most issues by superior design and preventative effort.

And there are no viri involved; web sites could cause issue due to how you browse the

web. Your settings and choices can arrive at untoward content; more often those may

be bogus pages, and you'd remove them from browser history and clear caches, etc.

The browser is not the system; kinds of things that may affect the macOS might be adware

or malware; or certain items that you would have to install yourself and disable protections.

A modern macOS newer than High Sierra 10.13.6 would be most immune to PC-like issues.

However said, users (through extra effort) perhaps may disable system integrity protection.

I've been careful when using web browsers and decidedly choose to avoid questionable

content; and do not disable built in protections. ~ Odds your Mac has a virus are next to 0.

Virus in Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.