Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No CarPlay option in settings

Hi,

I just installed iOS 13.2.3 on my new iPhone 11 Pro Max and suddenly the CarPlay option in settings has disappeared (see screenshot).

Plus, CarPlay is not working anymore in my Hyundai 2019 Tucson.

What can I do to solve this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:28 PM

Hey there adstyle,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand CarPlay is missing from Settings on your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Do you have any content or privacy restrictions enabled with ScreenTime on your iPhone? If so, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and turn these features off, restart your iPhone and see if the issue is resolved:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you don’t have any content or privacy restrictions enabled, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and turn it on. Tap on Allowed Apps, toggle CarPlay Off, wait 30 seconds, and toggle CarPlay back on. Turn Content & Privacy Restrictions back off. Restart your iPhone and see if the CarPlay option is available.

Let me know if this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2019 8:28 PM in response to adstyle

Hey there adstyle,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand CarPlay is missing from Settings on your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Do you have any content or privacy restrictions enabled with ScreenTime on your iPhone? If so, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and turn these features off, restart your iPhone and see if the issue is resolved:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you don’t have any content or privacy restrictions enabled, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and turn it on. Tap on Allowed Apps, toggle CarPlay Off, wait 30 seconds, and toggle CarPlay back on. Turn Content & Privacy Restrictions back off. Restart your iPhone and see if the CarPlay option is available.

Let me know if this helps.

Dec 4, 2019 10:08 AM in response to adstyle

Hi adstyle,

Thanks for going through those steps. Follow the guidance under ‘Set up CarPlay’ as well as ‘Get help’ from the following link:

How to use CarPlay with your iPhone

You may also find some other use steps in this link:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car

See if CarPlay appears in Settings > General after this. 

Cheers.

No CarPlay option in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.