Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my photo stream in macOS Catalina

On my new Mac I cannot find the option photo stream in preferences. In High Sierra I found this option in preferences --> iCloud --> foto's and then I had an extra button 'option' to say whether I wanted to use iCloud photo's or only photo stream. Now I don't have that extra button. So I don't know how to activate my photo stream. In the app photo's there is no option to activate my photo stream which I attribute to the fact that I cannot activate it in general preferences.

Can anyone help?

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:18 PM

Hi, Tjerksss!

Congratulations on your new Mac! If I understand your post, you're attempting to set up the Photos app, but are having trouble locating My Photo Stream in iCloud. I'm happy to help!

In macOS Catalina, you can enable My Photo Stream by opening the Photos app and selecting Photos > Preferences > iCloud.

Check out the following Apple Support articles for additional information:

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Use Photos on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2019 8:18 PM in response to Tjerksss

Hi, Tjerksss!

Congratulations on your new Mac! If I understand your post, you're attempting to set up the Photos app, but are having trouble locating My Photo Stream in iCloud. I'm happy to help!

In macOS Catalina, you can enable My Photo Stream by opening the Photos app and selecting Photos > Preferences > iCloud.

Check out the following Apple Support articles for additional information:

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Use Photos on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

my photo stream in macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.