Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to turn on photo stream on my mac

How do I turn on photo stream on my new MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 8, 2021 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 11:58 AM

Open the Photos app, click Preferences on the Photos menu, click iCloud at the top of the Preferences window.

Note that the Photo Stream option isn't available on a Mac if iCloud Photos is turned on. Also note the following from My Photo Stream - Apple Support

If you recently created your Apple ID, My Photo Stream might not be available. If My Photo Stream isn't available, use iCloud Photos to keep your photos and videos in iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 11:58 AM in response to howcanidownloadarentedmovie

Open the Photos app, click Preferences on the Photos menu, click iCloud at the top of the Preferences window.

Note that the Photo Stream option isn't available on a Mac if iCloud Photos is turned on. Also note the following from My Photo Stream - Apple Support

If you recently created your Apple ID, My Photo Stream might not be available. If My Photo Stream isn't available, use iCloud Photos to keep your photos and videos in iCloud.

how to turn on photo stream on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.