Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see album option when uploading

When trying to upload an image from finder to a website under images I can see all images in photos, but not the individual albums as an option. Mac OS Ventura

iMac

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 5:32 AM

Same issue, and it's not fixed in Ventura 13.2 either, so the pain continues. I have tens of thousands of photos all divided up into Albums and now when I go to upload it's an absolute nightmare trying to find anything.

I am not going back to tag photos with keywords etc. This is such a failure by Apple on this one to have such a fundamental feature get removed. Having to Export photos from my Mac to my Mac just to upload them is utterly ridiculous. At the moment, my workaround is to do the uploads from my iPhone instead.

This needs to get fixed asap though. If I could go back to Monterey I would.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 5:32 AM in response to léonie

Same issue, and it's not fixed in Ventura 13.2 either, so the pain continues. I have tens of thousands of photos all divided up into Albums and now when I go to upload it's an absolute nightmare trying to find anything.

I am not going back to tag photos with keywords etc. This is such a failure by Apple on this one to have such a fundamental feature get removed. Having to Export photos from my Mac to my Mac just to upload them is utterly ridiculous. At the moment, my workaround is to do the uploads from my iPhone instead.

This needs to get fixed asap though. If I could go back to Monterey I would.

Dec 28, 2022 2:16 AM in response to claus_madmac

This is unfortunately so - since the Ventura upgrade we are only seeing the albums in the Media Bowser in selected apps that support the photo picker protocol, for example in Mail. In Safari and other web browsers I am just seeing a flat stream of 55000 photos.

Try these work-arounds:

• Until all apps have been updated to support the albums in Photos you may want to share your photos directly from Photos. Use "File > Export" in Photos to save the images you want to share to a folder on your Desktop, then upload them from this folder or use the Share menu in Photos, if the app offers a sharing extension.
  • Or use the search field in the Media browser, when you try to upload to a web page. You can enter the filename, a keyword, a date, a year,etc. This will shorten the stream of photos you are seeing and can easily find the photo you want to share.

For example, I entered a keyword into the search field, while viewing the Media > Photos:

Dec 28, 2022 3:50 PM in response to léonie

It is very unfortunate, time consuming and senseless if indeed this feature no longer is an option, senseless in the sense in having to use search functions that negates the efforts in you past carefully cataloging your images in albums for specific projects and campaigns, now the question becomes why even have albums when you are not able to view them and will have to cross referencing with photos to locate with what you are seeking?. I can appreciate your fine points in shortening your search, regardless the team on this end find it frustrating. Attached an images that depicted where we came from.

Feb 15, 2023 8:20 AM in response to claus_madmac

I got the same problem. I think the problem is, that the area, where the albums are shown, moved under the main bar (right top red arrow in your screenshot). I think we can see it on the scroll bar, because it is cut off from the top. I remember, that you can change the size of the album area by dragging the edge of that area. So maybe it is completely collapsed and therefore "invisible". Unfortunately I don't know how to reset the layout. Maybe someone from Apple can help us?

Apr 3, 2023 5:52 PM in response to claus_madmac

Thanks for your response. This seems like a big short fall and inconvenience. I like to attach photos to email in yahoo for example, or upload photos to shutterfly and rather than seeing all of the albums I've organized my photos into, I am presented with a flat list of thousands and thousands of photos. Searching is not realistic. Do I understand that this will be improved in time? Had I known I would have never ever made this upgrade to Ventura.

Dec 29, 2022 11:33 PM in response to claus_madmac

I hope it is only a temporary problem, until all other apps, that need to access the photos library from the media browser have also been updated. Whenever the interface or protocol for the communication between app gets changed for security reasons or improved features, the developers of other apps will have a lot of work to do to prepare their apps for the new procedure. We had similar problems after Apple introduced the sandbox. For quite some time it has not been possible to drag and drop to some older applications, until they have been updated. It is the price to pay for security and privacy.

Jan 6, 2023 7:16 PM in response to claus_madmac

I am having this issue as well after updating my software to Ventura. I make yearly calendars and photo books on Mixbook.com and when I go to add photos to a project I am making, my entire photo library shows up under the media browser when it used to show all my seperate organized albums. I am not happy about this change at all. It makes it very hard to share and create projects online. Apple, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this and bring back albums under the photo media broswer!

Can't see album option when uploading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.