Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connectivity

Hello - I just want to stream non apple music from my imac via the internet to hear on my homepod - how do I achieve this please?

how does everything need to be set up for this please ?

I should add - the homepod is on one apple ID - my imac another - I hope this is irrelevant as its NOT apple music that I want to stream and i just want to use the H-Pod as a speaker - nothing complex - just a speaker - on one home wifi connection.

Also - I am not using or intent on using an iphone or ipad - i just want to use the imac -

hope someone knows the answer please

I simply cant get the App to see homepod - I am sure this is my fault - but it is a mystery to me

Ideally I could stream the music to the homepod and a 3rd party airplay speaker at the same time - is this possible too ?

Thanks to one and all

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 9:40 AM

Airplay does not work across the internet to the best of my knowledge

if the iMac was on the lan network it would be easy, guess one could setup a vpn server on the same lan network as the HomePod and the iMac could use a vpn client to be on the same network as the homepod

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 9:40 AM in response to KateEU

Airplay does not work across the internet to the best of my knowledge

if the iMac was on the lan network it would be easy, guess one could setup a vpn server on the same lan network as the HomePod and the iMac could use a vpn client to be on the same network as the homepod

Connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.