Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

searching Help in FCPX always yields "No Results Found"

I cannot get any results when I search the Final Cut Pro X User Guide. This I access through the Help menu by choosing Final Cut Pro Help. The user guide comes up and I can scroll through those and can find the relevant information.

However no matter what I search for using identical phrasing or words from the User Guide in the Search field the result is "No Results Found".

I am using OS 10.15.1 and FCPX ver 10.4.7

Any ideas out there please.

Cheers

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 2:47 AM

Are you referring to this:

Mine seems to work and it is on the same versions as yours.

Try resetting the FCP X preferences.

Hold Option-Command as you launch FCP X.

I also found that changing your Primary Language then changing it back after rebooting sorts out weird issues.

Al

5 replies

Dec 2, 2019 2:41 AM in response to Colin Lahana

Two things:

1) As usual, when FCP X is not behaving, delete preferences. Hold down command and option keys while starting FCP X, and click "Delete Preferences". Reopen your library, and try again.

2) Since there is a problem with searching, try forcing a reindex of Spotlight. Open System Preferences->Spotlight, drag your drive to the Privacy list, quit. Go to System Preferences again, and remove your drive from the list.

searching Help in FCPX always yields "No Results Found"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.