Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data switching between Mobile and WiFi

iPhone seems to pause or not able to get data over WiFi unless I quickly switch the WiFi off and on again. Also can't seem to locate my BOSE speaker over WiFi unless I turn mobile data off. Seems to me the issue is with the iPhone as all other devices don't have issues.

This has been problematic ever since iOS 11 and now we're on iOS 13 and still the same issues.

Also, bluetooth sync with Garmin devices is a bit random, same timeframe. Sometimes sync is as soon as within range, at other times it seems only a hard reboot of both devices can get it going again and with the app 'pulling' the data (I have to either kill the app and restart it or the phone).

Been working around this for so long now literally fed up.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 3:20 AM

OK so this was solved by changing my router to a BT SmartHub(6a) from a BTHub 5b.

The WiFi is much stonger and contention issues between 2.4GHz and 5GHz appear to have been rectified, so I am able to run both networks instead of relaying on 5GHz.

Allegedly, the BTHub 5a does not suffer this issue (this is also a PNH1).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 3:20 AM in response to steviejay69

OK so this was solved by changing my router to a BT SmartHub(6a) from a BTHub 5b.

The WiFi is much stonger and contention issues between 2.4GHz and 5GHz appear to have been rectified, so I am able to run both networks instead of relaying on 5GHz.

Allegedly, the BTHub 5a does not suffer this issue (this is also a PNH1).

Data switching between Mobile and WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.