iOS 16.5 broke wireless CarPlay

iOS 16.5 broke wireless CarPlay. Audio turn directions for both Apple Maps and Google Maps now come through the phone instead of the car; everything worked correctly before 16.5. Tried deleting phone, etc., no help. Wired CarPlay still works correctly. The problem with wireless exists with my iPhone 11, my iPhone SE2 running 16.5 still gives turn directions through the car.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on May 25, 2023 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 8:47 PM

Yes, I already did the “forget this device” on both the phone and the car and re-paired the device.

However, I made a rookie mistake and forgot to try rebooting the phone. I just did that and all is working normally again. So my bad, all is well.

It’s interesting that wired CarPlay still worked, and of course the phone reboots itself when it does the iOS 16.5 update. In this case, however, it took a second update for wireless CarPlay to work normally.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2023 8:47 PM in response to TheLittles

Yes, I already did the “forget this device” on both the phone and the car and re-paired the device.

However, I made a rookie mistake and forgot to try rebooting the phone. I just did that and all is working normally again. So my bad, all is well.

It’s interesting that wired CarPlay still worked, and of course the phone reboots itself when it does the iOS 16.5 update. In this case, however, it took a second update for wireless CarPlay to work normally.

May 25, 2023 8:55 PM in response to DanielAcostaAZ

DanielAcostaAZ Said:

"It’s interesting that wired CarPlay still worked, and of course the phone reboots itself when it does the iOS 16.5 update. In this case, however, it took a second update for wireless CarPlay to work normally."

-------

Reconfigurations:

As for the second reboot, whatever the device you should always reboot after an update. That way new configurations are how they should be.

iOS 16.5 broke wireless CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.