Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About dual booting a 32-bits Windows on MacBook Pro

I have a mid-2019 MacBook Pro now and decide to create a dual boot of 32-bits Windows 10 OS instead of a 64-bits one on it–simply for a better compatibility. I browsed over all the technology websites I could find, and the only option for me seems to be fully erasing my current hard disk and installing with an external flash disk.

So the thing is:

Can I dual boot the 32-bits Windows with or without boot camp on my Mac by creating a partition on my disk?

If it is impossible, Can I install a Windows first and then add an OS X partition to my computer later?

Or can I dual boot a 64-bits Windows first and. then "downgrade" it to a 32-bits one?

P.S.: Running it on virtual machine is unacceptable for me because my computer's memory and processor are barely competitive to do that.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 3:57 PM

32 bit Windows apps run on 64 bit Windows operating systems. 16 bit apps do not and need third party utilities to run.

You should be asking these Windows related questions in a Windows help community. Windows runs on Macs using Boot Camp Assistant or using a virtual machine. Questions about what Windows supports are better asked in Windows communities.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2019 3:57 PM in response to someEric

32 bit Windows apps run on 64 bit Windows operating systems. 16 bit apps do not and need third party utilities to run.

You should be asking these Windows related questions in a Windows help community. Windows runs on Macs using Boot Camp Assistant or using a virtual machine. Questions about what Windows supports are better asked in Windows communities.

About dual booting a 32-bits Windows on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.