Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to listen explicit music on apple music

I have subscribed to apple music but i am unable to play explicit song even after changing the settings to explicit in restrictions the music is greyed out.

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 8:45 AM

Hi luvrajpurohit,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to play content with explicit lyrics in Apple Music.

To verify, you've tapped Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions, and "Music, Podcasts & News" is set to Explicit. Is that right? Or is Screen Time off entirely?

As a test, try opening the iTunes Store on your device and search for one of the songs you're unable to play. Then, tap the song title to play a preview, and then try playing the song in Apple Music; does that make a difference?

You could also try using this link and searching for a song to make sure the explicit version is available in your region: iTunes Link Maker

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2019 8:45 AM in response to luvrajpurohit

Hi luvrajpurohit,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to play content with explicit lyrics in Apple Music.

To verify, you've tapped Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions, and "Music, Podcasts & News" is set to Explicit. Is that right? Or is Screen Time off entirely?

As a test, try opening the iTunes Store on your device and search for one of the songs you're unable to play. Then, tap the song title to play a preview, and then try playing the song in Apple Music; does that make a difference?

You could also try using this link and searching for a song to make sure the explicit version is available in your region: iTunes Link Maker

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

Unable to listen explicit music on apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.