Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Envy 5030 - unable to reinstall printer drivers

Hi,

I have just updated my iMac and three days ago the facility to choose colour or black printing disappeared from my print window.

I thought. may be a driver issue as I ran the Print Quality Diagnostics and it printed colour no problem.

I have attempted to reinstall the driver but a window asking me to ok "SWHelper" pops up.

I have checked the HP website and it claims that it's not their issue and I should contact Apple.

I am unable to continue to install the driver until I okay this, which I'm not comfortable doing as I have no idea what it is.

I have taken the Instant Ink subscription from HP and now I am unable to print the pages I need!! Hahahahaha!

I have a brand new iMac, latest OS installed and a printer that is about 6 months old and they aren't working together. Any ideas on how to resolve this please?

Cheers all

Terri

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 9:22 AM

Never use HP's software and or download their drivers from their site. Please use the following to troubleshoot your printer.

I would recommend uninstalling any HP software and the begin by resetting the printer as directed in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203343

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 3, 2019 11:41 AM in response to terrifromjarrow

Your HP Envy 5030 All-in-one device is supported for wired/wireless printing using Apple's AirPrint. This requires no HP software or drivers for printing. The paid, non-subscription, 64-bit VueScan can support the scanning on this device, again with no HP software or drivers installed. Two solutions that give you total independence from HP, including long after they drop support for the Envy 5030.

With your 5030 powered and networked, when you follow the instructions provided by rkaufmann87, instead of re-adding your printer with HP drivers, you select AirPrint instead.

I purchased VueScan Professional in 2010 because it supported an abandoned Canon scanner (which I still use). I have never paid for an update to VueScan Professional since that purchase, and it is frequently updated. I am not affiliated with the VueScan vendor, and receive no compensation for mentioning the product here.

HP Envy 5030 - unable to reinstall printer drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.