Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roku 3 - Apple TV sign in failure

Good day All,

I downloaded the Apple tv on my Roku 3 player and when I try to log in using my Apple ID, the sign-in screen appears with the spinning/loading wheel but it doesn’t move from that screen.

I tried restarting the Roku player as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the Apple TV app but both were unsuccessful.

Can anyone help troubleshoot this issue plz?

thanks

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 11:48 AM

10 replies

Dec 22, 2019 4:36 AM in response to Urquhart1244

This also happened to me. I was using the Apple TV app on my Roku 3, which is a supported device, and even bought movies and subscribed to the BFI Player channel on it. A week or two ago it stopped working. the Apple TV logo appears and then it crashes out to the Roku home screen.

I've rebooted and even hard reset my Roku 3, but it still isn't working. If this is an app update problem, is there any chance of a rollback until this issue id fixed?

Dec 23, 2019 8:06 AM in response to KNGSGRL

No I haven't got it to work, which is a shame.

I don't really want to buy a new Roku device to get this working (if this is only a Roku 3 problem), but I may have to. A crashing app, so soon after its release, doesn't instill confidence. It makes me think that the Roku 3 is getting towards the end of its tech support cycle and, even if they fix it this time, it might happen again on an app update.

I love the Roku 3. It's the most fully featured Roku commercially released in the UK. It's a pity to feel compelled to 'upgrade' to something with less features.

Dec 31, 2019 3:37 AM in response to KNGSGRL

Mine was connected through HDMI. The 'handshake' process between the Roku app and Apple TV servers appeared to have broken, as if Apple TV+ no longer recognised the Roku 3 as a supported device. I bought a streaming stick in the sales to get around this problem (and it did) so I've yet to test if it has been fixed on the Roku 3.

Roku 3 - Apple TV sign in failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.