Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open Pages document after updating to Catalina

I hadn't tried to open a pages document since updating the operating system. I went to the App Store already to see if Pages needed to be updated but there was nothing to update. Please help.

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 5:18 PM

7 replies

Dec 5, 2019 10:35 AM in response to Jagid0123

Finally working! Chatted with Apple Support who recommended reinstalling Pages. That required deleting Pages and restarting iMac. Downloaded Pages again after 1st attempt hung. Got it to install today and now have access to my documents. PDF export works but have not tried the .docx documents yet. Sent Apple a concerned 😟 review of Pages and poor integration and testing of products.

Dec 4, 2019 3:25 PM in response to lisbett11

Definitely not alone. Cannot open Pages nor .docx documents. I have many Pages documents that I use as a template. Catalina has caused them to not open. When I got notified to update Pages, I tried multiple times to update but it never updated. I am on the latest version so I don't know if the update resolved itself. Today it crashed when I tried creating a new document with a cut and paste. May need to call Apple.

Dec 5, 2019 9:56 AM in response to fazze

update: Well I did two complete shut down and restarts and it worked... at least temporarily (here's hoping). Though when I completely shut down and powered back up I got a window that said " did you forget your password?" and gave me three options to sign in if I had lost/forgotten my apple password.. so i just don't know what in the world is going on? I did find a virus on my computer yesterday, but it was associated with Safari . Not sure if this has anything to do with anything.

Cannot open Pages document after updating to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.