Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download a previous version of Final Cut Pro X

Hi, my mac can only support mac os High Sierra and I need to download Final Cut Pro X, however, the latest version of this software (10.4.7) needs at least Mojave. Since I can't upgrade, how can I download an older version of Final Cut? (like 10.4.5)

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 12:00 AM

You can’t purchase an older version. If you have purchased FCP X already, you can open the App Store, click on Purchased, locate FCP X in the list and click Download. You will be offered to download the most recent version that works in your OS.

So you could temporarily use a friend’s mac to make the purchase (making sure to use your Apple id - purchases are tied to the id, not the computer).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2019 12:00 AM in response to levymartel

You can’t purchase an older version. If you have purchased FCP X already, you can open the App Store, click on Purchased, locate FCP X in the list and click Download. You will be offered to download the most recent version that works in your OS.

So you could temporarily use a friend’s mac to make the purchase (making sure to use your Apple id - purchases are tied to the id, not the computer).

Download a previous version of Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.