Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

isight + catalina, what happened to the microphone??

Hi! I used an isight 2003 camera with mojave and video and mic worked, now the mic doesn´t work in catalina, someone knows if it can be enabled somehow??

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 5:37 AM

26 replies

May 9, 2020 12:07 PM in response to tomazo

Same here.

The camera works, but the microphone never works.

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

iSight (Model No A1023, Unit Software Version: 0x12, Product Revision Level:1.0.3)

with

Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter (Model No A1463)

FireWire400-800 Conversion Adapter (3rd Party)

By the way, the camera works in any applications except FaceTime and Image Capture.

I read somewhere it is a limitation on the applications side due to camera's resolution.

Jun 25, 2020 11:01 PM in response to tomazo

As of 10.15.5, Apple has still not fixed it.

It must not be a priority, along with the MagicMouse renaming problem.

Hopefully they will fix it some day...

I had to put my new MagicMouse on an older Mac to rename it.

Catalina has some nice advances, but a lot of new bugs too.

As for the iSight, unless someone figures out a fix, we just have to wait for Apple to fix it.

Maybe more posts will help motivate them. If you came here looking for the solution, reply.

Jul 7, 2020 3:07 PM in response to tomazo

10.15.5 and still dead mic.

I finally ordered a generic USB cam from China, but I really want the iSight to work again.

My Catalina was a clean install, so I am wondering if people that had it working under Mojave and upgraded in place had their die too?

It may be a matter of installing a driver, or maybe it was 32bit, and Apple has no intention of updating it.

isight + catalina, what happened to the microphone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.