Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPhone reset still asking for passcode not taking passcode

i did a reset on my old iPhone 7 and turned it off and turned it back on and it’s asking for my passcode but my passcode is not working why is the iPhone still asking for a passcode? And how do I get back in if it is not taking my passcode?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 11:17 AM

I got a new phone so I deleted all data and all content on my iPhone 7 Plus last night I turn the phone back on and it is still asking for my passcode which is not working

7 replies

Dec 4, 2019 12:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I went into settings and press reset which take you to screen with the choice of reset settings or erase all data and content I selected erase all data and content after the phone was done It was on the hello screen I went through the initial part and Updated the phone iOS after updated the phone I turned the phone off when I turned the phone back on It asked for passcode I put my passcode in but it’s not accepting the passcode and disabling the phone after not accepting the passcode I had this phone two years so know it’s the right passcode

Dec 4, 2019 12:06 PM in response to robinsonj502

When you went through the initial setup after Hello, did you set a new passcode, or use the one you always used? Either way, connect the iPhone to the computer with iTunes and restore it to factory. That will get you back to the beginning and remove any passcode you may have inadvertently set. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support You will be right back to where you wanted to be. This will remove any passcode, and allow you to set up a new one, and all data and content will be gone as well.

Old iPhone reset still asking for passcode not taking passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.