Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing existed account to @icloud

Hi, I registered my apple account by gmail e-mail. And now I would like to change it to @icloud e-mail. As far as I understand I can get @icloud apple id only for new account. So is it possible to add new @icloud mail to my account?

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 8:14 AM

contact Apple ID Support.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

13 replies

Dec 4, 2019 11:39 AM in response to maksimfromizhevsk

You don't need to create a new account. If you log into your Apple ID using the link below, do you see a @iCloud address in the Reachable At Section? If so, use that iCloud address.

Apple ID - Manage

Based on what I have read, I suggest you leave your Apple ID email address as a 3rd party email address because you have more flexibility if you need to change the email address because the Apple ID got compromised. I also have read of many people who were locked out of their accounts when they forgot their password. Since the recovery email address is the @iCloud email address, if you forget your password, you also can't access your email to get emails from Apple to recover your account. You can set a rescue email address, but for some people, this hasn't worked.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Dec 4, 2019 12:55 PM in response to maksimfromizhevsk

When you create new Apple ID with @icloud.com you will need to add it as an additional email address then wait 30 days to change it. Your data won't be affected. It just changes the name of your Apple ID. Old Apple ID name will be deleted and it becomes available to create an Apple ID with this email address again (if it is not added as your additional email address anymore).

Changing password with email address is only available in secondary security type.

Secondary type: security questions and recovery email address.

Two-factor: trusted number and trusted device.

If you forgot your Apple ID password.

Dec 4, 2019 7:53 PM in response to maksimfromizhevsk

If you log into your Apple ID using the link below, do you see any @iCloud addresses in the Reachable At section?

Apple ID - Manage

If you don't, go to iCloud.com/Mail using a computer browser, click the gear at the bottom left, and select Preferences. Then select Accounts. Do you see an @iCloud email address there. If not, click Make alias in the left panel, and create an @iCloud.com email address. You should then have an @iCloud email address in Reachable At if you log out into the Apple ID - Manage link again.

Dec 4, 2019 12:30 PM in response to BETTER_THAN_EVER

So in this case I will have two apple accounts, but what happens if I change apple id in my old account to my new account with @icloud e-mail?

Is it possible? Will it delete my new account and leave only old one? I tried to change my apple id to not existed @icloud e-mail (I thought that it will be created in this case) but I got error.

changing existed account to @icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.