Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NoLo Quicken Willmaker 2020 Not 64bit?

Does anyone have this latest Willmaker program & can you confirm it is only 32 bit & will NOT work with Catalina?

I called NoLo 800-631-5158 & asked but, the person I spoke with seemed fairly clueless. They eventually said it is 32 bit & has not been tested with Catalina but, may have given me misinformation.

An Amazon listing for this product says something about 64 bit.

So, I wonder if someone here installed & used this Will & Trust Maker with an older OS, such as Mojave & now has updated to Catalina & discovered it is 32 bit & no longer works.

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 8:18 AM

Hi - I bought this product through Costco (for ease of return in case something went awry). I installed it seamlessly on my machine running on Catalina. I used it to successfully create docs for my mom. I had no technical issues whatsoever. I am not a computer savvy wizard, so I think most Apple users would be able to purchase and use WillMaker 2020. I hope this information has been useful.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 8:18 AM in response to growler62000

Hi - I bought this product through Costco (for ease of return in case something went awry). I installed it seamlessly on my machine running on Catalina. I used it to successfully create docs for my mom. I had no technical issues whatsoever. I am not a computer savvy wizard, so I think most Apple users would be able to purchase and use WillMaker 2020. I hope this information has been useful.

Dec 21, 2019 12:29 PM in response to ScomaPanew

Thanks!

Unbelievable that I called NoLo to specifically ask if it was 64 bit or 32 bit & after having to hold for several minutes, they told me it was 32 bit. They must have been WRONG. If it was 32 bit, you would not be able to run it with Catalina.

Now I missed the 50% off sale.

BTW, If you created a Trust (Much better vs. a will) were you able to create whatever name you desired such as “XYZ Revocable Living Trust” or were you forced to use the name: “Your Name Revocable Living Trust?”

Dec 21, 2019 1:40 PM in response to ScomaPanew

Thanks,

I had used an earlier version of this NoLo software several years ago to do the same & it also auto-filled the name as "(Name) Revocable Living Trust”.

I saw no way to change it.

Legally, one can name a Trust any name they wish. This NoLo software apparently still does not allow this option.

The reason one may wish to not use their name is to be anonymous.

Property held by the trust is titled in the name of the trust. Some may not wish anyone to be able to look up ownership & easily see who owns that expensive home, for example.

If you used LegalZoom or went to a Lawyer, you could name a trust anything you wished.

NoLo Quicken Willmaker 2020 Not 64bit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.