Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

STOLEN IPHONE DISAPPEARED IN FIND IPHONE LIST

My iPhone XR was stolen recent weeks. I was watching it and know I’ve got a message that it got an information about location. Than I tried to get it and my stolen device was disappeared in Find IPhone list?! I don’t know what to do. Please help me

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 12:46 PM

13 replies

Dec 4, 2019 1:53 PM in response to Badtaurus

Badtaurus Said:

"STOLEN IPHONE DISAPPEARED IN FIND IPHONE LIST: And I want to make sure that the will can’t to do anything or block my Apple ID with my current device?"

-----

Modifying Apple ID Credentials: Use these Apple Support Links:

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support. Apple ID Security is of High Concern, so modify Apple ID credentials.

What and How to Modify:

Dec 4, 2019 12:57 PM in response to Badtaurus

The 'message' you got regarding the location was not from Apple. It was a phishing attempt and you fell for it.

When you used the link in the message to "log in" to see where it was, you gave the thief your iCloud account credentials and they removed it from your account, removing the activation lock on the device.

You need to change your iCloud password IMMEDIATELY.

Dec 4, 2019 1:36 PM in response to Badtaurus

Without your passcode for the device, their only option was to wipe the phone and reactivate it. It would appear you gave them what they need to remove Activation Lock. They are probably already using the phone. Nothing you can do there. You can contact your carrier to see if they provide blacklisting services, but that doesn't always go to all carriers. If the carrier does not share that blacklist, then it won't matter, they can activate it on another carrier.

Dec 4, 2019 1:46 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you! I actually accepted those lost device, I just catched one more hope and get stressed now. I just want to be sure that my new device will be safe with new password of Apple ID now. And also police has the imei code of that one and they will able to find it if they will use that phone with SIM card. By the way, I can stay calm right?

thank you very much again.

STOLEN IPHONE DISAPPEARED IN FIND IPHONE LIST

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.