Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air3 not being recognized by my MacBook 2010

Hi this past Spring 2019, I purchased an iPad Air 3 right after the release but it is not being recognized by my MacBook 2010.

I do have the latest OS and iTunes that the MacBook is supported.

Does someone know how I can have the iTunes recognize it. Been super busy and I really do need to backup.

Also I'd like to purchase the new iPhone since my 6S Plus has poor battery but am afraid if my MacBook will not be able to recognize the new iPhone 11 Pro Max, no sense in me upgrading my phone.

Since my MacBook at home pretty much is being used just for backing up my devices, I don't want to dish out 1000buckaroos just for this.

Anyone that has a way to do this, would really really help since I do have a tight budget.

Masa

iPad Air, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 3:44 PM

Among other options, Apple iPad Air 3rd generation Tech Spec lists "macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 through macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later". Check the versions.

Disconnect the cabling, quit iTunes, reboot both the Mac and the iPad, re-connect the cabling, and re-launch iTunes. There's usually an iTunes update required for connections to recent iOS and iPadOS devices, and that download request and that iTunes update doesn't always seem to get launched.

I'll assume the USB port and the USB-to-Lightning cable both work, and that there's no fuzz in the Lightning port, but those are other details to check.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2019 3:44 PM in response to MasaMatsukawa

Among other options, Apple iPad Air 3rd generation Tech Spec lists "macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 through macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later". Check the versions.

Disconnect the cabling, quit iTunes, reboot both the Mac and the iPad, re-connect the cabling, and re-launch iTunes. There's usually an iTunes update required for connections to recent iOS and iPadOS devices, and that download request and that iTunes update doesn't always seem to get launched.

I'll assume the USB port and the USB-to-Lightning cable both work, and that there's no fuzz in the Lightning port, but those are other details to check.

iPad Air3 not being recognized by my MacBook 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.