Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an ipad mini and it says my software is upto date. the current software i have is 12.4.3 how do i get a later version

i have an ipad mini and it says my software is up to date. the current software i have is 12.4.3 how do i get a later version

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 9:41 AM

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 12 then you have an iPad mini (2nd or 3rd generation). These iPad models does not support any system version newer than 12. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use an application that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2019 9:41 AM in response to John8465

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 12 then you have an iPad mini (2nd or 3rd generation). These iPad models does not support any system version newer than 12. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use an application that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

i have an ipad mini and it says my software is upto date. the current software i have is 12.4.3 how do i get a later version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.