Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Pictures

I accidentally deleted my pictures...HELP!

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 10:06 AM

zilch91 wrote:

Thank you but I tried all of the suggested ideas but having problem with Time Machine. If I read it correctly, it says to click on Time Machine then something else isn’t an option for me. What do you think that I am doing wrong? I appreciate any help

We have been cross posting. Have you been making regular backups with Time Machine?

Try the following:

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Open your Pictures folder in the Finder, so the a Finder window showing your Photos Library is the frontmost Finder Window.
  • Then enter Time Machine by clicking the Time Machine.app in the Applications folder, if you did not add Time Machine to your Menu bar.

Now you will see the Star Wars display with a time line at the right of your window. Go back in time to the time, when you still had the photos.

Select the Photos Library in the Finder Window, ctrl-click it, and use the command "Restore to". Do not overwrite your current Photos Library.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2019 10:06 AM in response to zilch91

zilch91 wrote:

Thank you but I tried all of the suggested ideas but having problem with Time Machine. If I read it correctly, it says to click on Time Machine then something else isn’t an option for me. What do you think that I am doing wrong? I appreciate any help

We have been cross posting. Have you been making regular backups with Time Machine?

Try the following:

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Open your Pictures folder in the Finder, so the a Finder window showing your Photos Library is the frontmost Finder Window.
  • Then enter Time Machine by clicking the Time Machine.app in the Applications folder, if you did not add Time Machine to your Menu bar.

Now you will see the Star Wars display with a time line at the right of your window. Go back in time to the time, when you still had the photos.

Select the Photos Library in the Finder Window, ctrl-click it, and use the command "Restore to". Do not overwrite your current Photos Library.

Deleted Pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.