Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch asking for wrong Apple ID password

Hello! I’m having trouble with a newly paired Apple Watch. I have tried twice to pair it, and it works successfully. Once it pairs and I start to use it, it begins asking for the password to an old Apple ID that isn’t signed in on the iPhone I pair the watch with. Once I enter the password, it asks for a verification code that never shows up on my iPhone. Any ideas of what it may be? I’ve reset the watch twice, restarted both my iPhone and the Watch, as well as even checking in my old Apple ID to confirm that the device isn’t even part of the account.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 8:29 PM

For the last couple of months I keep getting a request to sign in a phantom Apple ID that is not mine. I have had the watch for a couple of years but this has just started since the last IOS update.. I have unpaired, reset, repaired and done everything you advise but it’s still there. Its sooooo annoying. Will the latest update fix it?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 8:29 PM in response to fabs123

For the last couple of months I keep getting a request to sign in a phantom Apple ID that is not mine. I have had the watch for a couple of years but this has just started since the last IOS update.. I have unpaired, reset, repaired and done everything you advise but it’s still there. Its sooooo annoying. Will the latest update fix it?

Jan 20, 2020 8:30 PM in response to Michael_Cabell

I have a series 2 Apple Watch and for about the last month or so, there's a pop up on the screen that asks me to put the password in for an Apple ID that isn't mine. I have unpaired the watch from my phone and re-paired it twice and I'm still getting the same pop ups. These Apple ID's that pop up are not part of any of our family so aren't related to an app downloaded onto my phone that was purchased by one of their ID's. Any advice on what to do next?

Thanks

Apple Watch asking for wrong Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.