Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Art program and stylus Ipad2 9.3.5

I just acquired an Ipad2 a1936 for my daughter to use for digital art until she can purchase a new model. Is the Adonit Mark stylus compatible with any painting apps for this old IPad? Thank you for you help!

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 12:31 PM

For iOS 9, here is a list of compatible drawing apps, look in thr iOS App Store for,

Tayasui Sketches

Free Tayasui Sketches School

Tayasui Memopad

ColorBox Sketches/Pro/Extended

Free ColoBox EU

Hello Color Pencil

Hello Water Colors

ArtSet by LOFOPI

Brushes Redux

Pixelmator

All of these apps are still, initially, available for iOS 9.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2019 12:31 PM in response to clanross5

For iOS 9, here is a list of compatible drawing apps, look in thr iOS App Store for,

Tayasui Sketches

Free Tayasui Sketches School

Tayasui Memopad

ColorBox Sketches/Pro/Extended

Free ColoBox EU

Hello Color Pencil

Hello Water Colors

ArtSet by LOFOPI

Brushes Redux

Pixelmator

All of these apps are still, initially, available for iOS 9.

Dec 6, 2019 12:21 PM in response to MichelPM

She is 22 and disabled. I have read your posts on how to download older versions of programs on a newer Ipad (I have a new one) and then opening the program on the older IPad to download the older version. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us! My daughter is advanced in graphic design and has been using a Wacom tablet with her laptop but she wants to be more portable. Im hesitant to purchase a good art program only to find out that it isn’t compatible with either the stylus or IPad.

Dec 6, 2019 12:55 PM in response to clanross5

I forgot to mention, with iPads that are too old to use a smart Bluetooth stylus, If your daughter uses a normal, commonplace capacitive stylus on an iPad, to be able to lay your hand palm on the screen while you write or draw, you will need to purchase a special, non-body electrical conducting, lycra® material-based drawing glove to block the electrical impulses from your hand and fingers while using a capacitive stylus.

Something like this from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Anti-fouling-Drawing-Tablet-Graphic-Right-Ha nd-Left-Hand/dp/B017R8M2JY/ref=sr_1https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Anti-fouling-Drawing-Tablet-Graphic-Right-Ha

There are more like this on Amazon.

Art program and stylus Ipad2 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.