Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chrome versus Safari on eBay?

Tonight when I was trying to send an invoice from eBay to my buyer the combine purchases buttons were inactive in Safari but worked as expected in Chrome. Sadly, that is not the only thing I have found works better in Chrome than Safari under macOS Catalina. It is all very well being "advanced" but if favourite sites are unusable it is pointless.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 3:13 AM

if you feel there are issues with sites such as ebay and apples browser then you should inform them of it

Feedback - Safari - Apple

9 replies

Dec 8, 2019 4:28 AM in response to Ewan Lamont

This is a user helping other users with tech questions forum, you are not addressing apple here just fellow users,

apple don't look across all the user helping each-other with tech questions for feedback it would be a needle in a haystack setup.

in terms of other users exp then this is the place, as kurt lang I don't use ebay too much myself to have experienced what you see, but my general rule of thumb is to always have a few different browsers installed, chrome likes to use a lot of memory, sometimes firefox has issues with some pages, sometimes safari has, sometimes I use ms edge (cromium version).

Dec 8, 2019 6:06 AM in response to Ewan Lamont

If the web developer prefers Chrome, they may be hypnotized into using Google specific features, or Chrome add-on HTML5/CSS3/JS functionality that may not be implemented, or does not play well with Safari. It is the responsibility of the web developer to test their site against the mainstream browsers that are expected to access the site, not just Chrome.

At the end of the day, it is not Apple's responsibility to ensure that Safari works on every custom website.

Chrome versus Safari on eBay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.