Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with switching to Recovery Mode (command + R doesn't turn on to Recovery Mode)

How can I switch off System Integrity Protection , if "command" + "R" combination doesn't turn my system on to Recovery Mode? (imac 2017, Mojave 10.14.6, I just want to change system icon).

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 1:28 AM

What do you mean you just want to change system icon, if you mean you want to change the icon of Macintosh HD on your desktop then you do not need to switch System Integrity Protection off.

If you do want to boot to your Recovery Drive then press and hold down the Command and R keys simultaneously when Restarting. If that still does not work Restart your Mac and press and hold down the option/ alt key down until the Startup Manager screen appears and then select your recovery HD and press Return.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2019 1:28 AM in response to kotroj

What do you mean you just want to change system icon, if you mean you want to change the icon of Macintosh HD on your desktop then you do not need to switch System Integrity Protection off.

If you do want to boot to your Recovery Drive then press and hold down the Command and R keys simultaneously when Restarting. If that still does not work Restart your Mac and press and hold down the option/ alt key down until the Startup Manager screen appears and then select your recovery HD and press Return.

Dec 7, 2019 3:23 AM in response to kotroj

Just now I tried to set Recovery Mode with your method (your quotation: ...If that still does not work Restart your Mac and press and hold down the option/ alt key down until the Startup Manager screen appears and then select your recovery HD and press Return.), but nothing happend, and system opened by usual way (without possibility to shoose something (e.g. Recovery Mode).

Problems with switching to Recovery Mode (command + R doesn't turn on to Recovery Mode)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.