Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally set up new phone with same Apple ID- how to change

I just bought my daughter (13) an iPhone 11 and all my photos and contacts are now on her phone. I don't want this.

How do I back out of this? How do I also have her information be separate (texts, photos, etc) but still accessible to me? Thank you!

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 6:55 AM

You will have to erase the device and set it up again using her AppleID. Use settings, general, reset, erase all content and settings. When it boots back to the Welcome screen, set it up with her AppleID.

But there is also no way to have both your and her information on your device. If you share an AppleID, then you both share everything associated with that AppleID. When you use separate AppleIDs, each AppleID’s information is unique to that AppleID and the devices using it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2019 6:55 AM in response to Katie2224

You will have to erase the device and set it up again using her AppleID. Use settings, general, reset, erase all content and settings. When it boots back to the Welcome screen, set it up with her AppleID.

But there is also no way to have both your and her information on your device. If you share an AppleID, then you both share everything associated with that AppleID. When you use separate AppleIDs, each AppleID’s information is unique to that AppleID and the devices using it.

Accidentally set up new phone with same Apple ID- how to change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.