Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

running sierra 10.12.6 should i upgrade

Hi, I am still running Sierra 10.12.6 on my Mac book air (early 2015), should I update to Mojave or not. I also have a iMac (late 2013) also still on 10.12.6. I keep seeing problems on the later OS, I also use Lightroom, which I know I will have to upgrade to Classic. I appreciate still using the older OS I am no longer getting any other updates.

Thanks Rob

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 7:59 AM

Hi, thanks for your response, much appreciated, I have had Apple computers since OS9!! and always been happy to update but, as you say, I, for the first time, have looked too much into it this time. So I am going ahead with the update. Many thanks, Regards, Rob

2 replies

Dec 7, 2019 7:19 AM in response to rob board

Generally speaking you should always upgrade to the latest possible system that you meet the specs for, as long as you have no “must have” apps that do not meet the specs. The idea that upgrades/updates cause problems is probably derived from discussions you see here. ASC is like an ER for folks for are having problems, mostly the sick ones come here. The hundreds of thousands who upgrade without difficulty, never visit here and go merrily on their way. Besides improved features, updates/upgrades bring important security fixes.

running sierra 10.12.6 should i upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.