Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing a playlist from iPhone to Mac

how do I import a playlist from my iPhone to mac

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 7:02 AM

Hi JOMAC1024,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you would like to import music from your iPhone to your Mac. I am happy to help.

The easiest way to sync your music collection across all devices, is through Apple Music. Learn more about this here: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support.

Syncing through iTunes (or Finder on macOS Catalina and later) only offers a one-way sync. This means, you can only add content from Mac to iPhone. You cannot pull content off of iPhone to transfer it to Mac: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. This is why I mention subscribing to Apple Music, which will sync content across all devices automatically.

If you have further questions, feel free to reach back out.

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 7:02 AM in response to JOMAC1024

Hi JOMAC1024,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you would like to import music from your iPhone to your Mac. I am happy to help.

The easiest way to sync your music collection across all devices, is through Apple Music. Learn more about this here: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support.

Syncing through iTunes (or Finder on macOS Catalina and later) only offers a one-way sync. This means, you can only add content from Mac to iPhone. You cannot pull content off of iPhone to transfer it to Mac: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. This is why I mention subscribing to Apple Music, which will sync content across all devices automatically.

If you have further questions, feel free to reach back out.

Best regards.

importing a playlist from iPhone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.